Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I think I'm coming down with something...

Happy Tuesday! Glad you came back, because I'm going to need your help with something.

Over the past month or so I've been having some strange symptoms that I've never felt before. They are unpredictable and can strike at any moment, and when they do, there's no telling how long they'll last. They vary in intensity, but on the whole they are becoming worse by the day. There never seems to be any correlation with the time of day, my diet or anything else (well, maybe caffeine consumption, that could be contributive).

Here are some of my symptoms. Hopefully they can aid in a diagnosis:

Lack of motivation to complete homework. 

Lack of motivation to attend regular classes. 

Lack of motivation to do anything but craft and watch Criminal Minds to the point of paranoia.

Sudden boredom and subsequent anger while driving the same route to school and work 12 times a week. 

Desperately daydreaming of everything I will do once my student loans are paid off/when my net worth is above one hundred dollars. 

Buying business casual clothing and enjoying it. 

Daydreaming to the point of tears about how having a dog would fix all of my problems. 

Scoffing at in-class busy work.

Ranting inconsequently to my fellow classmates about the ways that I could more effectively run a capstone. 

Imaginatively outlining the main points of a complaint letter to the dean about said capstone, during said capstone. 

Becoming tired to the point of ineptitude at 10:30 p.m. on a Saturday. 

Winging it. All of it. And feeling little remorse. 

Calling my boyfriend to complain about how people always call me to complain. 

Crying after looking at freshman Facebook pages and realizing they were all born after 1992. 

Impulsively blogging about my symptoms while under severe duress most likely cause by the same symptoms. 

I'm deeply concerned that this ailment has no immediate cure and that this is the silent-killer type. So it goes without saying that the need for assistance is urgent. If anyone has any prior experience with these feelings or any suggestions for possible remedies, I would be beyond appreciative.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment