Monday, May 14, 2012

"The best laid plans...

... of mice and men often go awry."

You know that expression, right? Allow me to not go literary on everybody (this is a blog) but to synopsize it as such: even if you have the most foolproof of plans, they still end up flawed.

Story of my life.

It's such an accurate portrayal of my life that I DON'T KNOW WHY I STILL MAKE PLANS.

But I do. I did. My plan was to have my room clean before graduation (which I haven't told you about), tell you about my graduation (I just said that), and talk about my new job before I started it (I started today).

From what you can infer from that mess of a paragraph sentence (?!) above and the ever-disastrous condition my room is in, you might be able to tell that my life is in shambles.

Please don't nominate me for Hoarders.
I'm being overdramatic (nuance), but all the same I've been frustrated with myself for not sticking to my superblogger plan to say everything the moment it happens everysingleday. It's bothered me so much that I thought about just glazing over things and catching up for the sake of being timely.

But I don't think that would adequately do the stories and sentiments justice. And if you know me at all you know I like to tell stories.

So this post will serve as a lesson to myself, and maybe to you as well, that sometimes most of the time you never can plan everything out perfectly. Especially with something so trivial as a blog. Sometimes you just have to let things fall into place. Now I only wish the same was true for my room. I'm starting to forget what my floor looks like.

This blog, ultimately, is about transitions, about change. If I glaze over it, where's the point?

Anyway, the graduation story and the first-day-of-work stories will be told in all of their frazzled, disjointed glory. Later. Because I can. Sweet liberation.

That and because it's 10:30 and I'm already eyes-bleeding tired. Thanks Monday. 


I'll regret putting this photo on the internet someday I'm sure. Yeesh.

Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment